Updated IT solution to support the new business needs
- Client since 2015
Select Surveys work with government bodies, blue chip utility and construction companies, providing surveying services that use the latest technologies to identify what’s beneath the ground’s surface.
The company’s previous IT supplier moved into a new sector, prompting the management team to look for a new provider. Impreza successfully secured the new contract to manage their IT services, supporting them through a new period of growth and ensuring that their many remote users have full access to the network.
- Improved internet performance with leased line upgrade (negotiated at no extra cost)
- Reduced operational costs by combining multiple servers
- Reduced capital expenditure by moving to Office 365 monthly subscription model
The first stage of the process was the installation of a new remote monitoring agent, allowing us to obtain a full inventory to inform the next stages of the project. The audit revealed that users were all on different versions of Microsoft Office, leading to unnecessary expense and inconsistencies within the team. We introduced Office 365 subscriptions for the whole team and replaced all existing servers with one single, powerful one. With everything now available in the Cloud, field workers were able to access all the information they needed 24/7, from anywhere.
The Technology used for this project
- HP DL Series rack-mounted server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Office 365 Business subscriptions
- Negotiating leased line speed upgrade at no extra cost
- Laptop and Desktop PC upgrades
In addition, our in-house development team are developing a bespoke Management System to further facilitate the growth in the business.